Howdy Pardners

Well, (such a deep subject for such a shallow mind) my blog experience is closing in on 6-8 months now. The winter here in New Mexico has been cold so I have not been able to work in my unheated upholstery shop. The weather is turning and warming up so I may be able to get back to submitting upholstery how-to's and projects soon. As you can read I am still going to the Universtiy of Phoenix and selling in my eBay store. Both experiences have had there challanges. I appreciate all of those (world wide) that take the time and find a tidbit of interest in my bantering. You all take care........Duane

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Collectibles I Have Found or I Got Out Of The House And Found Some Stuff

I found some more interesting antiques and collectibles, the other day, that I would like to share with you. all of these items are listed for sale in my eBay store.




This WWI book contains illustrations and humoures, unabridged letters from the war front back home to Mable. The interesting thing that I found about this book is that it has an ownership inscription, on the inside cover, with the owners name, including his battalion and company that he was with. 

 


A cookbook printed in 1913 and compiled by Elizabeth O. Hiller. The book has recipes and cooking hints from that time but was also promoting "Cottolene" as a substitute for butter and lard. The cookbook has endorsements of Cottolene from cooking experts and eminent physicians.




This is a hard to find collectible. The Marx battery operated toy was produced in the late 1950's or early 1960's. The made in Japan toy was a must have for many kids of that era. For a full description and price click on the link and it will take you to the eBay listing.



This is a very hard to find vintage battery operated toy from the 1960's. For a detailed description and price click on the link.




This tin is a very rare find. The tin box was produced in the late 1800's to the early 1900's. For a full detailed description and additional photos click on the link above.

That is all I have found of late. I wish you all the best of the holiday season.

Until we meet again
Happy Trails

Duane

No comments:

Post a Comment